Zeeyqa, Fourteen, Malaysian.
I'm not your Barbie doll. Weird and random. Lovestruk idiot. Broken and fragile. A big mess. Mayday Parade and Simple Plan. Alternative rock. Vampire Diaries and The Orignals, Damon Salvatore and Niklaus Mikaelson. I don't believe in forever. When I fall, I fall hard. Giving too much fucks is my problem. Bruises, cuts and scars. I don't let you see the good in me. I love and I hate. Trying to live life to the fullest. This is who I am. Infinite x's and o's.
Follow
moments remembered
Zombies vs Unicorns and Fallout.
Sunday 30 December 2012 @ 17:22

A quick update because I just want to. A very quick one.


It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths--for good and evil--of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?






I want this book so badly, please!  It's not a typical story book but I know I want it so bad. I saw this at Book Xcess but I only have 30 MYR left in my purse that I could used. I had to pick between Fallout or Zombies vs Unicorns. Those two books are so lovelovelove that I couldn't decide so I let my cousins decided for me. They picked Fallout. I didn't regret buying Fallout, though but I regret for not bringing some extra money. Where am I going to find it again?!

Some people will probably say that's a boring book or whatever it is but I'm the one who is going to read it so I don't care what people say. I just want this book! I don't know since when did I like zombies and unicorns (to be honest, I still don't) but, that book is just soooooo cool! Argh!

This is the book that I bought instead of Zombies vs Unicorns;
Fallout by Ellen Hopkins

Hunter, Autumn, and Summer—three of Kristina Snow’s five children—live in different homes, with different guardians and different last names. They share only a predisposition for addiction and a host of troubled feelings toward the mother who barely knows them, a mother who has been riding with the monster, crank, for twenty years. Hunter is nineteen, angry, getting by in college with a job at a radio station, a girlfriend he loves in the only way he knows how, and the occasional party. He's struggling to understand why his mother left him, when he unexpectedly meets his rapist father, and things get even more complicated. Autumn lives with her single aunt and alcoholic grandfather. When her aunt gets married, and the only family she’s ever known crumbles, Autumn’s compulsive habits lead her to drink. And the consequences of her decisions suggest that there’s more of Kristina in her than she’d like to believe. Summer doesn’t know about Hunter, Autumn, or their two youngest brothers, Donald and David. To her, family is only abuse at the hands of her father’s girlfriends and a slew of foster parents. Doubt and loneliness overwhelm her, and she, too, teeters on the edge of her mother’s notorious legacy. As each searches for real love and true family, they find themselves pulled toward the one person who links them together—Kristina, Bree, mother, addict. But it is in each other, and in themselves, that they find the trust, the courage, the hope to break the cycle.

This book is so amazing. I haven't read it, yet but I know it's going to be an awesome book. Just look at the inside of the book:


Unique, isn't it? ;)

So, uhm, 'A quick update' isn't that quick.  Haha

Labels: ,